Code of Conduct
MEMBER - ATHLETE’S CODE OF CONDUCT
Queenstown Gymnastic Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, officials, administrators, parents and spectators associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, all those associated with Queenstown Gymnastic Club should comply by this Code of Conduct.
- DESIRABLE BEHAVIOUR: Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other athletes, deliberately distracting or upsetting other athletes, or being overly critical is not acceptable or permitted in gymnastics.
- Work equally hard for yourself and for your team. Your team’s performance will benefit,so will you. Always warm up and stretch properly to avoid injury.
- Be a good sport. Acknowledge all good routines and abilities whether they are from yourteam or the other team. Treat all athletes as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another athlete.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless ofgender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Be prepared to lose sometimes. Everyone wins and loses at some time. Be a fair winnerand good loser. Do gymnastics for the “fun of it” and not just to please parents and coaches.
- OFFICIALS/RULES/COACHES: Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official or question a judge. If you have any queries discuss with your coach only at an appropriate time.
- Remember to discuss or forewarn your coach of absences, or ring and leave a phone message at the club.
- Arrive at the gym club ready to begin training on time, and report to your coach as you arrive.
- During the session, you must not leave without permission of your coach. At the end of the session you must leave the gymnasium and not linger on equipment, unless given permission by your coach.
- Co-operate with your coach, teammates and other athletes. Without them there would be no competition.
- EQUIPMENT: Do not use equipment that does not have appropriate safety mats or equipment. Do not adjust equipment unless under supervision/instruction of a coach/teacher.
- Do not use equipment that is not designed or intended for your session.
- Replace equipment to the correct area upon completion of your class in appreciation and consideration of all users. Ensure the equipment room is left tidy.
- ATTIRE: Wear appropriate clothing (no buckles, belts or buttons, no loose clothing), have hair tied up/tidy and bring water to each training session. No jewellery (except 1 pair of studs)
- At competitions: wear the appropriate uniform, have hair tidy and arrive early as advised.